We’ve rolled out our revamped Advances experience to give you more flexibility and features when it comes to paying your freelancers.
Advances allow you to pay a freelancer while your Storyhunter projects are still underway. In the past, Advances were restricted to a certain percentage of the project price. Moving forward, you can advance as much or as little as you need as well as distinguish between an advance for expenses versus project payments. Plus, making these advances is completely free! Freelancers will receive their advance within 30 days. For an additional service fee, you can make an expedited payment that will reach freelancers within three business days.
Ready to start a project? Hire a production company or freelancer.
A few more points to keep in mind around Advances:
- They are charged to you the same way as project payments.
- Both you and the freelancer are able to initiate advances. Once an advance has been initiated, the other party must review and accept before it is sent out.
- Advances are now available to everyone, independent of your plan.
Below are a couple of ways you can get the most out of the Advances feature.
- Are you working with a production company that needs cash to hire freelancers for the project? You can use advances to pay the company while the project is underway, which will help them cover their immediate expenses.
On the project page, click “Pay advance.”
Fill in the required information that includes services provided, location, cost and story codes, and what you’re advancing and for how much. Then review the final advance. You can expedite, or if you do not want to expedite click “Remove.” You can check the expenses box to advance expenses.
Once you hit “Submit advance,” a notice will be sent to the freelancer to review.
And if you ever need to check what money has already been paid on a specific project then you can click on the “Payment” tab within the project page.
2. Have you commissioned a long-running, big-budget project? You now have the option to make milestone payments tied to deliverables. You can also expedite these payments, which is a great way to help cover your freelancers expenses along the way.
Expedited payment can be selected while marking a project as complete. Scroll to the bottom of the project completion flow and hit “Want to expedite payout to this freelancer?”
You will see the associated fees as well as the estimated (expedited) payout date. Hit “Expedite Payment” to confirm. Then just work through the usual project completion workflow.
If you’re a client, check out our support page for more information. Are you a freelancer? Then head here for a step-by-step guide on how you can use the Advances feature to receive payments while projects are ongoing.
Have an awesome brand marketing idea in mind? Get started on Storyhunter today.