How A Large Media Conglomerate Powers Content Production
- 3000+freelance hires
- 10+billion views
- How to quickly onboard and manage a freelance producer network
- How to pay freelancers all over the world
- How to hire freelance video producers in remote locations across the planet
- How to iterate faster on new content channels, verticals, and themes
- How to scale while maintaining stylistic consistency
At the end of 2014, Al Jazeera Media Networks, one of the world’s largest broadcast TV news networks, launched AJ+ with a vision to build a global digital video operation from the ground
They needed to launch with a fair amount of content and maintain an aggressive production schedule. With the help of Storyhunter, they recruited a top notch freelance network and streamlined their global freelancer payments.
Soon, AJ+ moved all freelancer productions to Storyhunter, and over 8 new units in the company began using Storyhunter as their freelancer management system, including Spanish-, French- and Arabic-Language channels. AJ+ is now one of the most viewed Facebook news channels on the planet.